Friday, April 4, 2008

Mini Holiday pt. 1 ~ Siesta Key


This beach was beautiful.  I can see why it is listed by Travel Channel as the #2 beach in Florida.  Even though this picture doesn't show it, the only draw back was the number of people.  It could have been busy because of the beachside performers (hippy drummers) or because most of the schools here are on break. Due to the hippy drummers there was also the faint smell of an illegal herb in the air. Where are the police when you need them?



Oh, there's a police officer now! If you had to be a cop on patrol this might not be the worst place to work.  We saw them talking to some kids that looked like they might have had some beverages that they were not old enough to be consuming or might not have been able to have on the beach.



I love this photo of Paige chasing the birds. Her hair is so out of control.



Here is Mr. Hygiene without shoes on.  Notice the unsure look on his face.  "Yes dear the sand is soft"  "No dear, the sand is not too hot for my feet"  "...I feel so exposed..."   



As I was snapping this photo Stacy said "I know what you're doing and I do not give you permission!" I did not know that I needed permission to highlight his lilly white feet that are as soft as a baby's bottom on my blog...how does this man live with me?



The end of the day...

1 comment:

MangoShel said...

Looks like so much fun. I am so jealous of your summery weather and ocean and everything. I am so sick of winter. How was Paige's break? Hope it was good. Wish we were there in the sun and sand with you guys.