Thursday, April 10, 2008

Black-Eyed Pea Salad Re-posted


I made this salad again this week, it has been a month or so since the last time I made it. I was reminded how refreshing it is and how much I love it. I thought I would post it again with the hopes that you all will give this yummy salad a try. There is a lot of chopping, I know, but it keeps well and with a good slice of bread it makes a quick and healthy meal.

I wish I could make this for my friend Sheri, she is over busy with design deadlines and getting ready to go again to NY for the design show, they both have the same deadlline. She is working only stopping for very little sleep and even less food. I would also like to make it for Leisa it is spring and her wee garden shop, Green Wellies, is a buzz of prep work getting ready for a very busy season, Oh and did I mention tax season, I don't know how she also lives, works and carpools with a CPA.

Black-Eyed Pea Salad
2 cans black-eyed peas (Drain & rinse well)
4 green onions, finely chopped (I use more)
1/2 c. celery, diced (I use more)
2/3 c. red pepper, diced (I use more)
1/2 c. parsley chopped (I use more)
1 jalapeƱo pepper minced
1/2 c. yellow banana peppers (canned)

Dressing
1/4 c. vinegar (I use more)
1/4 c. olive oil
2 t. Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I finally made this tonight, after admiring it on your blog for quite some time. Yum! Great flavor. Kent was wary, but I think he liked it once he tried it.