Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mini Holiday pt. 2 ~ Don't Feed the birds!


It seems that there is always something that sparks a photo shoot in our family's life. Usually it's me getting over excited about some small uneventful thing, that because of my enthusiasim becomes an event to remember.  It started when I began tossing crackers at Paige in an effort to see how close I could get the birds to sidle up next to her.  As I was holding a cracker, a brave bird swooped down and stole it right out of my hand.  Then...



After some begging on my part, Mr. Hygiene was given a cracker and the fun began.  I only wish my camera was a little faster.  Look at his face, poor guy once again roped into something by his wife.  But wait there is more...



"Stacy, Stacy stand up and try it, that would make a great photo...Pleeease!"  He is so nice to indulge me.



By then they both were on board with my antics and Paige was even getting brave and it only took a little coaxing to get her to try feeding the birds with her Dad.  Stacy's cracker went first, the birds beak nipped his thumb a little.  Don't you love Paige's face?



Then it was Paige's cracker.  See the cracker in the birds beak.  Poor Paige, I think she was a little traumatized by this. Notice Mr. Hygiene's shoes are back on.



Paige got grossed-out when she saw the bird left some saliva on her finger, and we had to take a photo of that too.



We stayed until the sun went down. It is not very often we get time to stop, or I should say take the time to stop, and watch something this beautiful happen. To think we could do this every day, not at a spot this lovely but where ever we are. Another great day...

3 comments:

MangoShel said...

I like that pic of Paige at the end its so cute! Her hair is looking kinda wavy/curly! I like it. Looks like tons of fun! :D

Sarah said...

What great pictures! Aren't vacations nice?! I'm glad you had time to get away. That beach looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a new way to "Give some-one the Bird"! *COOL* idea!!!