Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cast a Pretty Stone

In the recent months and weeks I have had a new interest in crocheting river stones.  It has become a small obsession with me.  Then a few weeks ago after a long discouraging post on Facebook singling out a group of people, my thoughts of these stones turned to the bible text John 8:7.  I started to send them out to friends who have been having a hard time or heard a sermon in church they felt was directed at them.  I can not believe how some people can stand behind their bibles and throw stones.  It is clear, love your neighbor, do not judge live like Jesus.  No hate, no finger pointing just love and compassion bringing people close to Christ.  I usually do not post about my faith or spirituality in general.  I feel it is personal and private but through these stones I have found a need to remind people they are loved unconditionally.  I hope to only cast pretty stones.

2 comments:

Leisa said...

These are lovely...wasn't this on our list in January? Nice you finally got some done. Haven't picked up a hook/needle in months myself.

Anonymous said...

I love em'...you are an amazing writer...always enjoy your blog. You are humble and humorous...a rarity among blog writers. Thanks you.